A Focus journalist decided to take part in a neurometric test with the BrainSigns team, to see how today’s commercials, brands and products are designed according to cerebral reactions.
“Will it be an easy or difficult experiment?” The journalist is really curious and decides to offer herself as a tester. “They tell me where to sit, three computers are propped on a table, … I sit in front of the larger monitor. A researcher tells me that they will put some electrodes on me.
They put a blue bandana around my head, with electrodes through which my brain signals will be read; two sensors are on my wrists, to measure my heart rate and one is on my index finger to measure the humidity of my skin. I focus on the black screen; at the bottom there is a dark bar and also a small screen that frames my eyes, revealing where my gaze will concentrate on the images that I will see”. In her story she seems focused almost more on the preparation than on what happens afterwards, during the viewing of two short videos: a 30 secs. commercial of Alfa Romeo “Giulietta” and one for attention testing.The researchers have explained to her that the sensors allow them to study the instinctive impact of a commercial or image, such as the details of a new logo as TelecomItalia did with their new TIM Logo.
What is measured here has a very important impact. In fact, as professor Babiloni, head of the BrainSigns team, explained, a large part of our decisions take form, whilst our emotions are playing a fundamental role. If an advertising stimulus triggers an emotion, this contributes to encouraging the purchase and reinforces memory. People, if interviewed are not aware of any of these factors. It’s clear that nowadays all this is not impossible, and that new frontiers are being opened and thanks to techniques such as this: the advertising of the future will take the reactions of our brain more and more into account.
- EY Wavespace: a Neuroscience Laboratory for evolving companies
- BrainSigns on "La Repubblica" - Neuromarketing: a strategic and innovative approach for companies
- Neuroscience and the influence of packaging on purchasing behaviour
- What is CertaMente 2018?
- How do people react to the observation of anti-smoking campaigns from a cognitive and emotional point of view
- Neuromarketing goes deeper beyond of what consumers say
- CertaMente 2017: the most all-encompassing Italian conference focused on neuromarketing
- BrainSigns in TV News: Neuromarketing and shopping experience
- Brainwaves: how to study the shopping behaviour in the supermarkets
- Inside Marketing interviews Prof. Fabio Babiloni, BS Chief Scientific Officer
- Inside Marketing interviews Dr. Arianna Trettel, BS Co-founder and Director
- Inside Marketing interviews Dr. Patrizia Cherubino, BS Neuromarketing expert
- TG2 - BrainSigns at the "Accademia dei Lincei"
- Interview with Prof. Fabio Babiloni by Radio 24 on the NINA project
- Prof. Fabio Babiloni at the LUISS University - Seminar "The measures of the Mind "
- Brainsigns at Accademia dei Lincei with the President of the Chamber of Deputies, Laura Boldrini
- Don’t Miss “CertaMente 2016” Rome, April 14-15
- Neuromarketing contribution in the new TIM logo choice
- Tg2 - Brain activity and Art
- Uno Mattina - Experimentation on Michelangelo's Moses